Wednesday, April 15, 2009

4 Months and Topping the Charts!

Ezra went in for his 4-month check-up this morning. Our "little" guy is happy, healthy, and doing well. He tops the charts at 17 lbs 12 oz and 27 1/2 inches tall. The nurse told me this was 95th percentile for weight and 100th for height. He definitely has his Dad's long torso - this height does not come from me! He actually looks less chubby to me than Ella did, but is still round and cuddly. I adore the rolls on his legs and his double chin. He has a tooth coming in right up front on the bottom and it's making him drool like crazy. The next big question: What color will his eyes be?


n
i
We also saw a new doctor today and I was so comfortable with her. When Ella was sick in the hospital with pneumonia, the two part-time female doctors from the practice were on call. I loved their bedside manners, the way they interacted with Ella, they way she responded so positively to them, and my increased comfort level around them. The doctor we saw before was nice, but I didn't notice the same positive rapport with him. Since there is only one pediatric practice in our town, I was so glad that the doctors were open to letting us make this switch. I had an initial trepidation about offending the other doctor, but he has a healthy practice and is a well-loved doctor for many. I'm sure it was no big deal to have us switch to the newer physician in the practice with a smaller patient load.

Having a pediatrician that you and your children are comfortable with is so essential. I was so sad to leave our physician behind in Washington when we moved. She always created an atmosphere that felt as if she had all of the time in the world, no question was too small, and she truly cared about my child. When I saw the potential for that again, I decided to ask if it would be okay to switch and it felt so good to speak up and do what was right for my family.

No comments: