Monday, August 31, 2009

Ella's First Day of Preschool

Ella's had a big day today! It's her 3rd Birthday and she started preschool. I think she was excited this morning - she came into my room at 6:15 ready to get on with the day. We had her favorite, french toast sticks, for breakfast and got everything ready for school, including the powdered mini-donuts for her birthday treat to share. She looked so sweet with her tinkerbell backpack that's half her size and her hair combed with the little pink barrett. I experienced that odd intermingling of emotions you often get as a mom - pride, a little bit of fear, excitement, joy, and sadness.

She seemed a little anxious as we headed to her class, but then found her friend Ce Ce and I'm not certain she even noticed when Ezra and I left...just as I'd hoped. Ezra wasn't sure what to do with all of the one on one attention, but we had a good morning. He sure was happy to see his big sis after school, though!

The funniest moment came when I went to pick Ella up from school. She looked a bit unhappy and I wondered what was up. Turned out that she really wanted to get on the school bus with her friend Truman (our neighbor friend). Silly mom. So, I signed her up to ride the bus home and we'll drive to school together. She had a great time, but is tired, and is excited to go back to school tomorrow. I love my girl!

I know Grandma and Daddy wanted to see pics, so I wanted to get this blog post up this afternoon while Ella is relaxing!

1 comment:

Keely said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! She looks so big! What a proud mom moment!