Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mandy's Visit





My friend Mandy and I met working for the American Cancer Society in Washington. She was a Chicago native, but a natural Seattelite. Mandy and her husband moved a few years ago, so we've kept in touch, but haven't seen each other. We even had our babies within a few weeks of each other in 2006, but weren't able to meet them. So, now that Mandy lives in Chicago and we live about 4 hours away in Jacksonville, we've really wanted to get together. Needless to say, I was very excited when she emailed to let me know she had a business trip to nearby Springfield. Mandy was kind enough to drive an extra half hour to Jacksonville and we spent the evening catching up and sharing our lives. I had so much fun and I can't wait for our family to plan a trip to visit Chicago. It also made me miss all of the wonderful people I worked with at ACS over the years.

No comments: