Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I can't wait till gas costs 10 dollars a gallon!

Yep you read that right. I filled my tank today at the bargain price of 4.15/gallon, shaking my head in disgust as I saw that the previous person had spent more than $70 on their tank. And I thought, you know, the quicker gas prices rise, the quicker enough people are going to start getting upset enough about it that something might actually change. I'm sick to death of seeing all the advertisments by BP, Shell Oil, and all the other gas companies telling me about all the wonderful things they are doing to find alternative energy sources. While I'm at it, I'd also like to say that I'm extremely annoyed with the car companies and the ads they put out about all the wonderful new technologies they're developing. I'm sorry, but until I can buy it, I don't really care what you're developing. In fact, it annoys me that you're "developing" these technologies when they're already perfectly achievable. As a case in point, click this link or paste it to your browser to see a video of a guy who converted his Prius to 100% electric in his garage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w3kZv_VNmhM

I'm pretty sure that Toyota (or any other car manufacturer) could do the exact same thing very easily, people just aren't pushing them or the government enough to actually do anything about it yet. I think the best way to actually make something happen is for enough people to get really upset about gas prices. Therefore, I can't wait for gas prices to reach $10, $12, $15 a gallon. The sooner it happens, the sooner the pressure on the car companies, gas companies, and government will grow to the point that I will be able to go into a car dealer and buy a 100% electric car, solar car, or car that runs on SOMETHING OTHER THAN GAS!!! (posted by Tim)

1 comment:

Annalise said...

Amen!

Steve and I are saving up for when we can buy a car that runs on electricity generated from solar panels we'll have on the roof. It'll be a large cost up front, but then we'll be able to drive the car for essentially nothing.